Based in Glasgow, Scotland
17 January 2023 (Steam)
03 May 2023 (Meta Quest - App Lab)
10 October 2023 (PlayStation VR2)
Made for autistic people with autistic people, this innovative VR game sends players on an intergalactic adventure where every level has been designed with accessibility in mind. Join BLINNK, your loveable robot companion, for a fun-filled quest aboard the Space Station Norpopolis as you wrangle the mischievous alien Groobs that have run amok. With your trusty Vacuumiser 5000, you’ll go undercover in an assortment of ordinary but out-of-this-world situations, whether it’s scrubbing an alien’s teeth at Nazel’s Dental Practice, fishing for extraterrestrial creatures in the Park, or fixing robots at the high-tech Robo Workshop. BLINNK is Changingday’s first game, and is now available on Meta Quest, SteamVR, Pico, and Viveport. Coming to PlayStation VR2 on October 10!
Alison and Nick Lang, who head Changingday, have an autistic daughter and want to harness VR to create experiences for players like her. This is their debut game. “We’re so excited to release BLINNK and the Vacuum of Space,” says Alison. “It’s the culmination of six years’ work. We really hope that autistic players enjoy it, and we look forward to hearing what they think so that we can learn more before we start designing the next game.”
- Go undercover to catch the groobs all around Norpopolis, sweeping them up with your trusty Vacuumizer 3000
- Help out the locals as you go undercover to recapture the groobs without being detected
- Hunt through spaceport luggage - taking over for the bumbling security guard Bub
- Head INSIDE people's mouths - in joining Nazel, Norpopolis's dentist, to clean residents' teeth
- Farm and fish in the station park - ensure the anxious park ranger Flek meets their quota!
- Each level offers fun, stress-free interactions without any fear of discouragement.
- An always-available chill out zone allows you to take a break if you need it.
- Robust accessibility features allow you to customise the sounds and visuals in the game.
BBC Click Feature YouTube
There are far more images available for BLINNK and the Vacuum of Space, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
You can request a review key for the game on Steam, Meta Quest, or PS VR2, by completing the form at https://airtable.com/appL8i12ly9TB9Hal/shrHalFRe4sHjLgH6
Press Release - PS VR2 Launch Date Announcement
Announcing BLINNK's release to PlayStation VR2 on October 10 2023. gamespress.com.
BBC Click Feature
Feature in November 2022 edition showcasing the upcoming release, with interviews with team members including CEO Alison Lang. youtube.com.
The Mirror article
The Mirror, 17 Apr 2023. "Autistic gamer explains why new VR game allows them to be completely themselves" mirror.co.uk.
Press Release - Steam Launch Announcement
Press release for the January 2023 Steam launch. neonhive-newsroom.prezly.com.
Screen Rant interview
Screen Rant, 12 Sep 2022. Interview with CEO Alison Lang on the game, then in-development. screenrant.com.
Changingday are exploring the virtual world to bring change in the real world. We are harnessing the potential of VR to give autistic people greater confidence while enjoying a game designed specifically for them. We will be exploring the potential of this new technology to build world-class VR experiences.
More information on Changingday, our logo & relevant media are available here.
BLINNK and the Vacuum of Space Credits